[KINDLE] ❤ A Place to Call Home ➜ June Francis – Royalweddingnews.co.uk

A Place to Call Home pdf A Place to Call Home, ebook A Place to Call Home, epub A Place to Call Home, doc A Place to Call Home, e-pub A Place to Call Home, A Place to Call Home e1f41ed2ac2 With The Depression And The Great War In Recent History And The Second World War About To Begin, Emotions Are Running High This Is Particularly True For Young Greta Peters Who Lost Her Mother, Brother And Sister To Illness And Now Lives With Her Father, Harry Helping Them In Their Grief Is Their Friendly Neighbour Rene, And Greta S Barmaid Grandmother, Cissie Hardcastle But With So Many Deaths In Her Family, It Is No Wonder That Greta Believes Her House To Be Haunted When She Comes Home One Foggy, Winter S Evening To Find A Stranger Lurking In The Darkness But This Was Certainly No Apparition Was He A Would Be Burglar Caught In The Act, Or Just A Hungry, Desperate Man When The Two Meet Again, Greta Discovers That The Youth S Name Is Alexander Armstrong And That He Has Recently Left An Orphanage From Up North With A Connection Existing Between The Armstrong Family And Greta S Dead Mother, It Seems Unlikely That Alex Would Choose Their House To Burgle So What Exactly Was It He Was Looking For In Greta S House, And Is It Something That Greta Herself Can Help Him To Find

10 thoughts on “A Place to Call Home

I found this book a top read June Francis does a fabulous job of entertaining in this book It draws you in to where you become part of the story, from the point of view of the onlooker.It is a sad little story in places, certainly from the outset where Greta and her father live together in a house in Liverpool, where World War 2 is looming its ugly head on the horizon Her father works long hours and then also has a job in the evenings as a Home Guard warden once the war breaks out Too many things happen and when Greta finds a young thief had entered her and her father s home, had lit the fire and then helped himself to their food, she becomes angry when she finds him in her father s bedroom going through her late mother s precious things The boy bolts.However, the boy re enters their lives and they find out about him and why he was there It is a mystery that needs solving.Meanwhile, other people, neighbours and Greta s grandmother all become involved in the story and it becomes another story of twists and turns, misunderstandings mixed with joys and sorrows.A great storyI hope to find of the work of June Francis.

Another book from the workplace challenge that is being run by the hospital that I work for I have to admit that I actually said oh no when I received it as it s not the kind of book that I would have ever picked up Set in England during the second World War, A Place to Call Home, is full of colourful characters and history I liked most of the characters, they acted and sounded like real people, particularly Greta who was wise well beyond her years I realize that people had to grow up quickly during the war, but I felt that she was a bit too grown up at the beginning of the book Rene and Harry annoyed me a little and I felt that it was fairly obvious what was going to happen with the main characters from very early on, but overall this was a nice, easy read I can t say that I will go out of my way to find books by this author in the future, but I don t think that I d avoid one either.

I loved the whole story from start to finish, and I think everyone should read this book I loved Alex and Greta I want to read about them and what happens next for them I enjoyed reading this book as it was about home life during World War II based in Liverpool and the theme running through this book was mainly on romance This is the first book I ve read by this author, but I will look for from her.

This book felt like such a classic with its old fashioned story and ways I loved the whole story from start to finish, and I think everyone should read this book The characters were explained perfectly and I believed I was there with them.

Another very enjoyable read from June Francis.

I enjoyed reading this book it was about home life during World War II based in Liverpool and the theme running through this book was mainly on romance.

Decent read, but the constant head hopping left me a little confused at times This was a good read all the same This is the first book I ve read by this author But I will look for from her.